Friday, 27 April 2012

What am I? - A Writing Challenge!

This week we are having a writing challenge that will help us to become better writers.
Here are the rules for writers:
1. You must write at least three clues. 
2. You should use interesting words in your clues. 
3. Each clue must begin with a capital letter. (We use the SHIFT-key to make a capital letter.) 
4. Each clue must end with a full stop. 
5. You should get someone to check your spelling before you publish your comment. (This is called editing.) 
6. The last line should be a question: Who am I? or What am I? 
7. Publish your riddle as a comment to this post. 

 Here are the rules for guessing:
1. Reply to the comment, not the post, so we know which riddle you are guessing. 
2. Anyone can have a guess - mums, dads, friends, buddies, other students. 
3. Think about your spelling when you are having a guess at a riddle. 

 Happy writing, reading and guessing!

53 comments:

  1. Fumi's riddle

    1. People are always commenting on me.
    2. I am bright and colourful.
    3. I have many different parts to me.
    4. The more you add to me the bigger I get.
    5. Stick with me and I'll teach you a lot.

    What am I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is big.
    It is tall.
    It is fat.
    It has big wings.
    What am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a giant?
      from Jacinta

      Delete
    2. Is it a dinosaur?
      from Ryan

      Delete
    3. No. You are not right yet!
      From Jacob

      Delete
    4. Is it an aeroplane? from Ella S

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. Is it a spaceshuttle? From Edward

      Delete
    8. Yes you are right, Edward. It is a pteranodon!

      Delete
  3. I can be everwhere.
    I have two legs.
    I start with p and end with e
    Who am i ?
    Ella j

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find me in the ocean.
    Sometimes creatures live in me.
    I'm all different sizes, shapes and colours.
    What am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a seashell.
      From Harrison.

      Delete
    2. Harrison - you are correct!

      Delete
  5. I always run but never walk.
    I can murmur but never talk.
    I have a bed but never sleep.
    I have a mouth but never eat.

    What am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a river?
      From Harrison

      Delete
    2. What has a tongue but cannot speak?

      by Harrison

      Delete
    3. I think it's a lizard but my dad thinks it's something that you can wear.

      Delete
    4. Is it a shoe?
      From Edward

      Delete
  6. I grow in the garden.
    I am pretty.
    I smell lovly.

    what am I

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am at the start of eternity
    and at the end of time and space.

    What am I?

    From Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you also the start of Edward?
      From Fumi

      Delete
    2. Yes Ben you are correct.Well done

      Delete
  8. I have eight legs. I have lots of eyes. I can be deadly if you annoy me. What am I?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it a spider?
    From Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a big tummy.
    and a tiny tail
    and a floppy ears.

    What am I?

    By Ben

    ReplyDelete
  11. I start with s and end with r.
    I am a type of fish.

    What am i

    from Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. I start with s and end with l.
    I am poplier.

    What am I

    From Edward

    ReplyDelete
  13. I start with a m and end with a m.
    I am an insect.

    who am I

    from Fumiko

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am cool.
    I am in the air.
    I am fast.
    from Jacob.

    ReplyDelete